Based on the Ultimate Knife. For people who want a serious blade, yet compact, foldable and able to fit neatly into a sheath, on a belt and out of the way.
Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series -
Introducing the Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series of gear. This collaboration brings together Gerber’s over 70 years of knife and gear expertise with Bear Grylls' extensive outdoor survival and adventure experience to create a one of a kind line of knives, tools and gear.
From his time in the British SAS, to scaling Mount Everest, to hosting his survival television show all over the globe, Bear knows what it takes to be a survivor in extreme situations. Each item in the Survival Series is meticulously designed by Gerber and Bear to offer a multitude of uses in any environment.
Gerber Folding Sheath Knives -
Preferable to clip folding knives when working on large, messy jobs, folding sheath knives are larger in size and usually carried in a sheath on a belt, or in a pack. Versatile in design, you can find a sheath folder for almost every situation: Utility, hunting, everyday use and more. Our sheaths are made using ballistic nylon or leather and have velcro closures.
- Blade type: serrated edge
- Blade style: drop point
- Blade opening: one handed
- Blade material: 440A high carbon stainless steel (offering superior edge retention & corrosion resistance)
- Locking mechanism: lock back
- Handle material: textured rubber grip
- Sheath material: ballistic nylon
- Blade design - ideal for edge retention & cutting rope
- Dual thumb studs - for easy one handed opening
- Ergonomic textured rubber grip - maximises comfort & reduces slippage
- Lock back - locks blade securely in place & maximises safety during closing
- Lanyard hole - allows for easy integration of a lanyard cord
- Ballistic nylon sheath - lightweight, military grade & mildew resistant
- Sheath allows for horizontal or vertical carry
- Priorities of Survival - pocket guide contains Bear's survival essentials
Size & Weight -
- Knife blade length: 3.6" | 9.1cm
- Closed length: 4.9" | 12.4cm
- Overall length: 8.5" | 21.6cm
- Weight (with sheath): 5.3oz | 150.2g
- Weight (without sheath): 4.3oz | 121.9g