In the urban warfare environment, soliders recognised the need for a close quarter combat knife. After studying and interviewing hundreds of real life hand to hand combat encounters, MACP Close Quarter Combat expert Matt Larsen worked with award winning knife makers Chris Reeve and William W. Harsey Jr. to create the L.H.R. The quick release sheath has a built in safety release that can only release the knife by the wearer. The textured TacHide handle provides sure grip in wet conditions. Proudly made in USA.
Gerber Tactical Series -
In the hands off first responders and military personnel, the proper tool can be the difference between life and death. Gerber's Tactical Series was created with this in mind. Every single tool is built for a specific purpose to make the job of firefighters, soldiers, police officers and EMTS easier and more effective. We make tools that save lives.
Gerber Fixed Blade Knives -
Typically used for hunting or camping, fixed blades do not fold, making them extremely stout and secure. We use both full and partial tangs in our fixed blades, which are made using a high carbon stainless steel. The handles are made from a variety of materials including wood, genuine stag or our patented softgrip technology.
- Blade type: part straight/part serrated edge
- Blade style: drop point
- Blade material: 420HC stainless steel
- Handle material: TacHide
- Sheath material: molded plastic
- Textured SoftGrip overmold ensures secure grip in wet conditions
- Ergonomic contoured handle
- Full tang, fixed blade for maximum strength
- Lanyard hole
- Quick release sheath with safety release
Size & Weight -
- Knife blade length: 6.9" | 17.4cm
- Overall length: 12.5" | 31.8cm
- Weight: 11.2oz | 318g