Down behind enemy lines? Left to fend for yourself? These are the scenarios that inspired the LMF II Infantry. Former military man Jeff Freeman led the charge to engineer this fearless new 10" survival knife. And we field tested it with the troops.
This knife is as adaptable as the personnel who carry it. Use it to cut through the skin of a fuselage. Or sever a seat belt. Or egress through the Plexiglas of a chopper. Plus, the LMF II Infantry does a slick job cutting firewood and building shelter. It can even be lashed to a pole to create a spear.
Gerber Tactical Series -
In the hands off first responders and military personnel, the proper tool can be the difference between life and death. Gerber's Tactical Series was created with this in mind. Every single tool is built for a specific purpose to make the job of firefighters, soldiers, police officers and EMTS easier and more effective. We make tools that save lives.
Gerber Fixed Blade Knives -
Typically used for hunting or camping, fixed blades do not fold, making them extremely stout and secure. We use both full and partial tangs in our fixed blades, which are made using a high carbon stainless steel. The handles are made from a variety of materials including wood, genuine stag or our patented softgrip technology.
- Blade type: part straight/part serrated edge
- Blade style: drop point
- Blade material: 420HC stainless steel
- Handle material: TacHide (black)
- Sheath material: ballistic nylon/molded plastic (black)
- Glass filled nylon handle with TPV overmold
- Ergonomic contoured handle, absorbs shocks from hammering and prevents shocks from electricity
- Full tang, fixed blade for maximum strength
- Lashing holes enabling knife conversion to a spear
- Lanyard hole
- Ballistic nylon/molded plastic low profile sheath with fire retardant coating, 2 leg straps & built in sharpener
- MOLLE compatible
Size & Weight -
- Knife blade length: 4.8" | 12.3cm
- Overall length: 10.6" | 26.9cm
- Weight (with sheath): 24.2oz | 686g
- Weight (without sheath): 11.6oz | 328.8g